List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch 1.1.1 Available
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2011-05-30 6:35:40

The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the availability of Open vSwitch 1.1.1:

  http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-1.1.1.tar.gz

The release only contains bug fixes for the 1.1.0 release.  Thank you to those who \
reported bugs.

We have seen an interest from vendors in bringing Open vSwitch's features to hardware \
switches.  To that end, our current "master" branch will be the basis of a 1.2.x \
series of releases. The focus of which is a new datapath abstraction layer that \
simplifies porting Open vSwitch to switching ASICs.  For those of you interested in \
understanding how this works, please look at the PORTING document:

  http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob;f=PORTING

Thanks and enjoy!

--The Open vSwitch Team

Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch.  It is \
designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while \
still supporting standard management interfaces.  Open vSwitch can operate both as a \
soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching \
silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching \
chipsets.