List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] newbie question about openvswitch_ioctl() function
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2011-04-07 6:03:41

The userspace (ovs-vswitchd) uses ioctls to communicate with the kernel module \
(openvswitch_mod.ko) to have it do things like add and remove flows.  That's the \
function that handles the ioctl requests.

The code in repository no longer uses ioctls, but instead uses netlink.  We're \
planning to release version 1.1.0 of Open vSwitch tomorrow, which will use that new \
mechanism.

--Justin