List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] How to prevent loop formation in openvswitches
From:       jpettit () nicira ! com (Justin Pettit)
Date:       2011-01-27 16:56:06

Assuming you are referring to the software OpenFlow reference implementation, I don't \
think it ever supported STP in any meaningful way. Typically, I've seen STP \
implemented by using the OFPPC_NO_FLOOD flag on the port, which is manually toggled \
by the controller.  Unless you are talking about a different mechanism, that should \
also work for you on Open vSwitch.  Depending on how old your source code is, we \
fixed a bug related to that in October:

	http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev_openvswitch.org/2010-October/003659.html

--Justin