List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] Will openvswitch be in mainline kernel?
From:       jesse () nicira ! com (Jesse Gross)
Date:       2010-12-06 17:26:03

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Emanuel Rietveld <codehotter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any efforts to get openvswitch into mainline kernel?
>
> Have any objections been made?

Yes, there have been discussions and some work towards upstreaming the
kernel portion of Open vSwitch into Linux.  People have been generally
supportive of this but it has not been formally submitted for
inclusion because there are some things we would like to take care of
before having to commit to a stable userspace interface, etc.

If you are interested in helping out, I can point you towards some
projects that would help move the process along.