List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] How can I assign fixed datapath ID in openVswitch
From:       sharon_sachin () yahoo ! co ! in (sachin sharma)
Date:       2010-11-18 18:31:07

Hi,

I am using  openvswitch-1.1.0pre2.tar.gz.  I am interested to assign fixed
datapath id to my switch. I found through openvswitch code that it could be MAC
address of a local port; if local port has some MAC address, otherwise it would
pick a random number for that.

The problem is that in my case datapath id is always a random number. I tried to
debug this issue. and found that pick_datapath_id() is called while assigning
this ID.  But in this function when it tries to get local port from
port_array_get() then it always results NULL value. This in turn force it to
choose random value of datapath id.

I think, local port is the interface which was created when I added datapath.
I have examined this interface and found that it already have a MAC address.

can anyone help me in assigning fixed datapath id.

Thank You!
Sachin Sharma