List:       openvswitch-discuss
Subject:    [ovs-discuss] =?utf-8?q?Controller_Status=3F?=
From:       reid () nicira ! com (reid at nicira ! com)
Date:       2009-07-29 20:41:31

Hi David,

I don't know if you're using then xen api at all, but if so, one of the
other options is something along the lines of this:

(python)

def get_controller(self):
    """
    Get the controller of a pool.
    self.api is XenAPI.Session.xenapi for a connected Session
    args: None
    return: controller IP (string) if configured, otherwise None
    exceptions:  Only API-induced
    """
    pool = self.api.pool.get_all_records().values()[0]
    return pool.get("other_config",{}).get("vSwitchController")

When the controller is configured, there is an additional attribute set in
the 'other_config' of that pool.  This selects the master of the pool (any
should do).  Hope this helps

  -Reid