List:       openvpn-users
Subject:    Re: [Openvpn-users] TAP interface strange behavior
From:       Antonio Quartulli <a () unstable ! cc>
Date:       2021-08-12 6:59:03

Hi,

On 12/08/2021 00:08, Dajka Tamás wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> [root@node2:~]# bridge fdb | grep '00:ff:5e'
> 00:ff:5e:2d:ce:22 dev eth1 master br0
> 00:ff:5e:2d:ce:21 dev tap0 master br0

uhm, why does the bridge think that the linux client (:22) is behind
eth1 and not tap0?
This is probably the reason why the packet is not forwarded to tap0 by
the bridge.

> We'll debug the FW a bit further, but at this point I really don't think this is an issue with openvpn.

I already had this impression, because from your description it was
clear that the reply was never getting to the tun interface, so
something was preventing it from traveling back.

Good luck debugging!

[hint: you may also decide to simplify your setup]

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli