List:       openvas-plugins
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-plugins] Automated Feedback Mechanism on the efficiency of NVTs and other related stati
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone ! net>
Date:       2016-11-08 15:48:11

Am Dienstag, 15. M=E4rz 2016, 15:36:13 schrieb Kenny Aondona:
> I just thought of something today and found it quite worthy to mention to
> the community.
> So I wanted to know if there is some existing framework or feedback
> mechanism for
> evaluating the efficiency of  OpenVAS NVTs.  The closest analogy I can
> offer here is in the case of
> anti-virus software.
> =

> Though they function quite differently from vulnerability scanners,
> anti-virus software generally gather behavioral data   of viruses from ho=
st
> computers for further analysis.
> The data is also useful for measuring quality assurance and improvement of
>  threat mitigation
> approaches. Yes, I think this is done with the consent of the user or may=
be
> integrated
> in the "Terms of Agreement".
> =

> Just asking out of curiosity though.

As you already suspected, this is a highly sensitive topic.
At Greenbone we are moving our mind about some solutions into this direction
together with some customers. Nothing to announce so far, though.

I'd love to learn about OpenVAS-based approaches out there.

Best

Jan

-- =

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabr=FCck | AG Osnabr=FCc=
k, HR B =

202460
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner