List:       openvas-plugins
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-plugins] OpenVAS does not work for us
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone ! net>
Date:       2016-03-02 13:50:13

Am Dienstag, 1. M=E4rz 2016, 12:19:32 schrieb M=EDkel Rodr=EDguez:
> Hello, we are developing a custom NVT which only checks if port 21 is ope=
n.
> We have a scanner virtual machine on which OpenVAS is installed and we use
> it to store our custom NVT and to do scans. We have another virtual machi=
ne
> which is a clone of the first but it also has an FTP server listening on
> port 21. We use it as a target for the scans. When we use openvas-nasl
> command on the scanner machine to test the new NVT, it works and detects
> that port 21 is open on the target, by using the get_port_state() functio=
n.
> The problem is that when we select our custom NVT on a scan config of a
> task and run the task on the GSA, it says that port 21 is closed, which is
> wrong. Our NVT hasn't got any script neither port dependency, it only
> checks the status of port 21. Why does not it work on GSA but does with t=
he
> openvas-nasl command?

are you sure the NVT was executed? You can check the scanner log about this
when making the scanner verbose.

> Here is the code of the NVT that we are testing:

the meta section is a bit outdated. You don't need risk_factor
anymore, neither script_description and some other elements.
Also, security_note is deprecated. Use either security_message
or log_message. But all this is no reason why it should not work
with OpenVAS-8.

-- =

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabr=FCck | AG Osnabr=FCc=
k, HR B =

202460
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner