List:       openvas-plugins
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-plugins] Standardization of plugin formats
From:       Shawn Duffy <shawnduffy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-13 12:52:26

Felix Wolfsteller wrote:
> I find its a very good idea. When do you think that this maturity level would
> be reached? And which information do you want to include in the db?

I'm hoping I'll have a beta release within a few months.  As for what's
included in the DB, it's not yet certain.  But right now, I wanted to be
able to grab and store ID, name, summary, and family/category.  This
would be helpful in being able to generate .openvasrc files and making
them human-readable.  Based on someone else's suggestion, I'm just wrote
a rudimentary client in PHP so I could just extract the information
directly from the OpenVAS server.  This information is more reliable and
more easily parseable.  So I may end up just querying the server and
storing that information in the db.  We'll see.  I'm still stumbling
through the OPT docs and learning how the protocol works.

More updates as they're available.

Thanks!
Shawn