List:       openvas-plugins
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-plugins] bug in php detection scripts
From:       Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux ! hr>
Date:       2009-03-13 9:16:57

Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
> Chandrashekhar B wrote:
>> Thanks for reporting. There's actually another KB item called "PHP/Port" set
>> along with "PHP/Version" which is being used in some scripts and some aren't
>> using it. We are addressing this now.
> Great. Thanks. What about using the correct hierarchy in KB?
>> It would be good (and correct) to put PHP under following hieararchy:
>> www/<port>/phpversion=x.x.x

While we speak about this. Also, would be good to have general talk
about having "Check Type:" item in every plugin output. So, for example,
this check would have following in its output:

Check type: Remote version check.

Another types (e.g.):
Local version check
Remote vulnerability trigger
etc.

It would greatly help the tester in determining false positives.

Kost