List:       openvas-plugins
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-plugins] Script ID
From:       Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension ! org ! uk>
Date:       2008-04-30 12:27:44

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Carsten Koch-Mauthe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one probably simple question. How is responsible for the Script ID's ?
> I've found that i can use any ID between 90000/99000 but there are already
> some scripts with numbers > 89999 in the SVN. Is there a list avaible which
> ID's are already in use or who will give me a Script ID(s) for new Scripts.

Carsten,

This is exactly why we are moving to use OIDs for identifying NASL
scripts.  The proposal was formalised as CR#1:
http://www.openvas.org/openvas-cr-1.html. I submitted the first hunk of
patch to add a script_oid function to openvas-develop last night for
review.  This will allow the use of an OpenVAS assigned OID (as per the
CR) or alternatively a developer unique OID (assuming you have been
assigned one).

Cheers,
Tim
--