List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-discuss] GnuPG and openvas-check-setup
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone ! net>
Date:       2015-06-02 15:51:32

On Friday, 22. May 2015 13:58:26 Storer, Raymond wrote:
> Eventually, I figured out that I needed to create a GnuPG key ring. The
> openvas-check-setup script does not appear to check for it. Perhaps it
> should. I am running openvas-8 on the latest Kali distribution.

are you referring to the key for the encryption of credential passsords?
That should be created on the fly when creating the very first credential.
Which could lead to trouble btw if the system does not have enough entropy.
Not sure how this is solved on Kali. Do they have haveged?

-- =

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabr=FCck | AG Osnabr=FCc=
k, HR B =

202460
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner