List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    [Openvas-discuss] OpenVAS hangs while storing credential
From:       Wahib Yusuf <uaeitsec () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-25 7:48:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I tried making noise on the system by doing
ls -R / as suggested by some but that didn't help.  I have also installed
haveged <http://www.issihosts.com/haveged/> but that either didn't help.  I
did "watch -n 1 cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail" and it was
consistently showing around 2500 and up.  Without Haveged it was around 10
to 50.

 What i noticed after installing the haveged
<http://www.issihosts.com/haveged/> is the browser instead of waiting for
long time to throw the 500 error, it does it right away.  The same error
messages are posted in /var/log/openvas/openvasmd.log.  I also noticed the
following error message on the terminal console although i think it is not
related.

Regards,

Wahib