List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-discuss] vulnerability scanning on non standard ports
From:       Thomas Reinke <lists () securityspace ! com>
Date:       2011-11-30 21:59:55

Checks will automatically be run on any port that detects a web server.
Scans are broken down into three phases:
1) Port scan (find open ports)
2) Service identification (Id the services on open ports)
3) Vuln checks, leveraging services.

So if a web service check is run, and there are 4 ports identified
as hosting a web server, the check is run against all ports.

That's why having the proper port scan run first is critical to
getting a complete audit result.

Thomas