List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-discuss] hello
From:       "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone ! net>
Date:       2011-04-26 13:20:17

On Dienstag, 26. April 2011, charbel srour wrote:
> I have been researching on how to use openvas in a command line
> setting in Backtrack 4 R1..
> I am working to create a UNIX script to automate the scanning process
> and i cant quite find the right commands. everywhere i researched was
> using commands that did not exist in backtrack R1.
>
> Any ideas on where to find the best way to use the command line?

Perhaps this helps for a start:
  http://www.greenbone.net/learningcenter/remote_controlled.html

OpenVAS-4 should be compatible with the examples given there.

This all based on OMP.
For the old way where to you contact the scanner itself instead of the
manager, you need to use OpenVAS-Client as command line tool.

Best

	Jan