List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    [Openvas-discuss] OpenNMS problem
From:       "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan () opensourcedevel ! com>
Date:       2009-11-02 19:07:47

Hello, all. This is a caution to anyone using OpenNMS to poll OpenVAS.
We used the OpenNMS tcp monitor to poll the openvasd service
availability.  For some reason, the polling mechanism causes openvasd to
spawn multiple copies of itself which then proceed to consume all CPU
cycles.  As soon as we disabled the poll, the problem went away - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com