List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-discuss] Web based Reporter tool
From:       Javier =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs () computer ! org>
Date:       2009-09-20 8:38:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:06:45AM +0200, Felix Wolfsteller wrote:
> I do not know the state of nessus as of 2005 but I guess that OpenVAS is
> heading in a different direction than what nessus was headed to back than.

The patches probably can be forward ported easily. But I have not tried.

> However I think these patches could be of good value, so please keep them hot.
>
> Do you have any document describing what should have been done?

It's there in the patches :) There's some accompanying documentation on how
it works, but the changes to the Nessus code are not really describe
thoroughly. Basicly whenever a plugin dives a result the information that
would go to the knowledge base goes also into a database.

The patch includes the database code (which probably can be reused "as is")
as well as the hooks in the Nessus code.

Regards

Javier