List:       openvas-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-discuss] Debian dependency on glib missing in
From:       Javier =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs () computer ! org>
Date:       2009-01-22 1:21:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:53:07PM -0700, Eric Gearhart wrote:
> Are the maintainers aware of this bug in the Debian openvas packages?
> (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=511627 for the
> bug)

Yes, packages have been uploaded to fix this and are waiting in NEW
(http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html)

> Also, the package is in freeze due to the bug (see
> http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=openvas-libraries
> for details)

Actually, regardless of this bug it will *not* move to testing.

> It's causing the openvas packages to not install on Debian testing:

No, that's not the reason, the openvas-server package with unmet dependencies
is only in sid, not in lenny, you are probably mixing sources.

Regardless, when the new 2.x packages for openvas-libraries and
openvas-libnasl get ACCEPTED these issues should go away.

> Just for reference here's my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> # unstable repo
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

See, you are not using 'testing' (lenny), you are using unstable (sid).

Regards

Javier