List:       openvas-development
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-devel] Problem compiling the openvas-manager on Ubuntu 14.04 with Postgresql support
From:       "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone ! net>
Date:       2015-02-26 7:20:24

On Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2015, Ryan Schulze wrote:
> I just noticed that on Ubuntu 14.04 (the latest server LTS version) =

> cmake throws an error when compiling openvas-manager =

> (openvas-manager-release-6.0+beta6) with postgresql support.
> As far as I can tell it seems to be a problem with Ubuntu and not =

> openvas since it is cmake itself throwing the error =

> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cmake/+bug/1317135 seems to =

> likely be the problem). To be more specific "find_package (PostgreSQL =

> REQUIRED)" id doing silly stuff.
> I have a workaround (I pulled the "use pg_config to determine the =

> include directory" to before the find_package(), and use it to set =

> PostgreSQL_ADDITIONAL_SEARCH_PATHS), but I've never worked with cmake, =

> so at best it is ugly and may cause regression problems on other OS's.
> I thought I'd post it anyway in case anyone else with Ubuntu 14.04 runs =

> into the problem and googles the error message or someone more =

> knowledgeable with cmake wants to build a real workaround.

thanks for sharing your finding.
I am unsure yet what the "real" solution is.
But for the time being your patch should help to get OpenVAS to run.

-- =

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabr=FCck | AG Osnabr=FCc=
k, HR B 202460
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Lukas Grunwald, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner