List:       openvas-development
Subject:    [Openvas-devel] openvasd -S option
From:       "Chandrashekhar B" <bchandra () secpod ! com>
Date:       2009-08-20 10:52:05

Hello,

As per the 'openvasd --help', '-S' says 'Send packets with a source IP...'.
Whatever IP we supply to this, the packets originating from the server are
always with the actual server IP and not what is supplied. The code seems to
have some logic to set the Source IP to 'ANY' but never works.

The question is: what is the purpose behind this? And is it useful? If not
really used, may be time to remove the unwanted code. We are working on the
IPv6 support, could clean up this code. Any concerns or feedback is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chandra.