List:       openvas-development
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-devel] Removal of C plugins
From:       Thomas Reinke <lists () securityspace ! com>
Date:       2009-08-10 14:22:12

> * ssl_ciphers - SSL implementation missing, basic SSLv2 implementation
> in ssl_funcs.inc, but for this we need SSLv2 and SSLv3 implementation.
> Should we implement SSL in NASL or use openssl/gnutls and export useful
> f() to NASL?

We should export useful information back to NASL via functions.
We really do not want to be implementing SSL in NASL.
In this case, perhaps a single function "get_ssl_ciphers(PROT, port)"
might be an API that does all the work that the plugin used to
do, but in the context of an API that can be invoked from a NASL
script, rather than structured as a C plugin.

Thomas