List:       openvas-development
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-devel] openvas-libraries on BSD and Solaris
From:       "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <jan-oliver.wagner () intevation ! de>
Date:       2008-03-29 19:47:27

On Friday 28 March 2008 23:21, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> I'm working on re-creating the configure script using autoconf-2.60 and
> automake-1.10.1. I've done Java for so long I've lost my grasp of the
> GNU/C/C++ build environment. Here's my process:

note that the old Nessus was not using automake.

> Makefile.am contains: SUBDIRS = libopenvas libopenvas_hg
>
> bash-3.00# autoscan
> bash-3.00# mv configure.scan configure.in
> bash-3.00# autoheader
> bash-3.00# aclocal
> bash-3.00# autoconf
> bash-3.00# ./configure
> ...blah blah blah...
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
>
> Well I'm just blanking here. How do I create/generate Makefile.in and
> where does it go?

Usually, Makefile.in is created from Makefile.am through automake.

I have never tried it, but AFAIR there is a tool autoproject of the
autotools. Have you had a look at it?

Best

	Jan
--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner                                   Intevation GmbH