List:       openvas-development
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-devel] Solaris 10/SPARC Compilation (PCAP woes)
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan-oliver.wagner () intevation ! de>
Date:       2008-03-07 8:27:01

On Freitag, 7. März 2008, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
> Okay I've been messing with some files trying to figure out what is going
> on. For comparison, I checked the libpcap files shipped with
> nessus-libraries-2.2.10 and noticed it is version 0.4. If I'm correct,
> this version shipped in 1945 or something.

the copy of the ancient pcap was removed from openvas in June 2007
with the idea that the system pcap should be used always.
We knew this might cause trouble for some platforms, but I also think it is
not good to keep copies of anything inside our packages.

> Anyway, the configure script for openvas-libs is... busy. The pcap part is
> hard to follow. For fun, you should run a diff on the two. :-) How was
> this file created?

the configure is created from configure.in by calling autoconf.
Depending on which version of autoconf this is done, the configure
files may vary significantly.
So, better compare the configure.in files.
You may also consult ChangeLog where strictly any modification is
documented (search for pcap).
Finally, can you post the error messages your get about pcap?

Best

	Jan