List:       openvas-development
Subject:    Re: [Openvas-devel]
From:       Javier =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs () computer ! org>
Date:       2007-12-10 1:26:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 10:52:56PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Sunday 04 November 2007 10:58, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > OpenVAS-client was REJECTED, again, due to missing licenses / copyright
> > statements from the source.
>
> it is getting a bit bizarre. Maybe just readd it until someone else
> of the Debian team will not reject it.
> Well, just kidding. But in fact there have been added various packages
> with much worse discipline about copyright and license.

The fact is that there might be worse packages in the archive, but the
ftpmasters try to get good NEW packages. They have no say on the quality of
the packages once they are in. Actually, this QA work is good, and it's
better done the first time.

> I can make a new release. But given the unpredictable judgement of
> the debian ftpmasters, can we somehow get confirmation about
> sufficiency of my changes prior to running through the whole process?

No, ftpmasters will not provide that. However, it is not unpredictable
judgement it's just that some ftpmasters might be more picky than others.

> PS: How the hell did nessusclient make it? ;-)

Don't know, maybe it was reviewed by an ftpmaster less picky with the details
:)

Regards

Javier