List:       openswan-dev
Subject:    [Openswan dev] [Users] Doubts regarding the PFS options...... (fwd)
From:       Paul Wouters <paul () xelerance ! com>
Date:       2004-06-03 14:50:07

This might be worth looking into,

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 06:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: raghukrishna hegde <raghukrishna_hegde@yahoo.com>
To: users@mj2.freeswan.org
Subject: [Users] Doubts regarding the PFS options......

Hi,
     Consider this IPSec configuration:

Case 1:
           I will enable PFS in one gateway and disable it on another gateway.
When the tunnel initiation is done from the gateway where PFS is enabled then the \
tunnel gets established.
Case 2:

When the tunnel initiation is done from the gateway where PFS is disabled then the \
tunnel does  not get established.

My question is during tunnel establishment, if either of the side takes tunnel \
establishment initiation , both the gateways have to come to a common parameter and \
should establishment tunnel.

   But here it seems to fail for the 2nd case.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards

Raghukrishna.

"Sky is the Limit"