List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] better Wiki editor
From:       Christian Boltz <opensuse () cboltz ! de>
Date:       2011-05-17 11:28:53

Hello,

on Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011, Rajko M. wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2011 05:25:06 PM Christian Boltz wrote:
> > I'd like to propose to install the "WikiEditor" extension from the
> > MediaWiki Usability Initiative.
>
> We were waiting to see FCK editor :)

I'm still watching the FCKeditor wiki page and bugtracker, and I'm
afraid we'll have to wait quite a long time. It seems the development is
stuck, and there are some bugs that break the content of existing pages
by just saving them with FCKeditor enabled :-(  (for example it removed
the "link=" part from images last time I tested it)

I was using FCKeditor in www.hortipendium.de (a wiki for professional
gardeners) for some time, but had to replace it with WikiEditor because
of that bugs. And, big surprise: the users didn't complain - even if
they are less technical people than those editing the openSUSE wiki.

> I agree that current Wikipedia editor is much better then the one we
> have, so until FCK is ready, we should offer WikiEditor.

Exactly.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wenn du willst kannst du das so machen,  du kannst dir dann aber auch
genausogut mit ner Hilti ein schickes Schaedel-Piercing machen... Das