List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] Preparation progress languages.opensuse.org
From:       "Rajko M." <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2010-08-30 1:23:22

Imported all mandatory articles listed in
http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Translation
to see what is missing (red links), and it is missing a lot.

Next:
* protect all pages that are source for translators, currently in English.
They will be updated by admin(s) or bot. Translators should not change them.
We had such problem before and we don't need it now.

* to allow other languages to be used as a source English pages have to be
moved to EN-Article_title, which will be fine test to see what translators
will have to do before translating a single line to their language.

* check how to reduce number of articles that are missing.
Concept that lists mandatory pages and then let translator cope with side
effects, like one can see when browsing http://languages.opensuse.org did not
work and will not work because it is asking translator for few more wiki
skills that not many have.

We have people asking how to use English wiki.

Current number of articles is quite large and if one wants to translate all
red links there will be quite a bit more. It is bad that I have no idea how to
collect all that links without manually browsing and writing them down.

Good news is that this shows that current en.o.o is much better interconnected
then the old one.

* fix categories

* upload files

* reduce en:Help:Translation to a pointer to languages:Help:Translation
There is no need for 2 pages about this topic.

--
Regards,
Rajko