List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] validate email address instructions in
From:       "Matthew Ehle" <mehle () novell ! com>
Date:       2010-08-16 13:29:12

> On 13.08.2010 16:26, DenverD wrote:
> > while looking at http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Services_help just
> > now i saw a new (to me) link saying to edit i need to verify my email
> > address...(a feat i thought was done years ago when i received my
> > novell/openSUSE ID/password login for the forum..) but i decided to
> > play the new game and am directed to:
> >
> > http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Email_validation
> >
> > which includes instruction to go to
> > https://secure-www.novell.com/selfreg/jsp/protected/validateEmail.jsp
> >
> > where i am assaulted ;-) with German text that will NOT translate to
> > understandable English at google..
> >
> > i don't really enjoy these games..
>
> I think the Novell account pages switch to a language that is preferred by your \
> browser. You could check for example on \
> http://www.ericgiguere.com/tools/http-header-viewer.html if your browser prefers \
> german (accept-language).

In addition, there is a cookie that gives localization information, but I have no \
idea why that would have been set to German for you.  You can test that by going to \
www.novell.com.  On the top right of the page, there is some text that indicates \
country and language.  Just select the button to the right ("Change"), and pick your \
favorite country and language.  That will set the cookie to a language you can \
understand ;)