List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] rpmlint docu in wiki
From:       Henne Vogelsang <hvogel () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2010-08-10 10:00:45

Hey,

On 10.08.2010 11:31, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

> Is http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_checks supposed to stay
> that way?

Its a wiki. Content is always in flux...

> I'm asking because I'd like to have links into the wiki
> for rpmlint and other build check errors. For example the web ui
> could link to the wiki when viewing the build log and osc could dump
> a list of links when viewing the log.
> Atm a link would look like this:
> http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_checks#arch-dependent-file-in-usr-share
> I'm not sure an anchor in the page scales though. It might be better
> to have one page per error.
> That also has the advantage that
> clicking on an error that doesn't exist yet would offer to create
> the page. All available rpmlint description pages could be listed in
> an automatically created page like this one:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Build_Service

Sounds like a great idea.

> Opinions? What's needed to make it happen?

Split the page into individual pages (openSUSE:Packaging check $error)
and put

[[Category:Packaging checks]]

on the bottom of every page. Fix the link on

openSUSE:Packaging_guidelines

to point to the Category with

[[:Category:Packaging checks]]

instead of the page.