List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] bento theme on wiki.opensuse.org :)
From:       "Rajko M." <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2010-02-27 18:14:47

On Friday 26 February 2010 11:50:52 Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> The bento theme is available for testing now also on wiki.o.o:
> http://wiki.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&useskin=bento
>
> You can set it as a default for you in the preferences.

IMO, we should keep default MediaWiki Monobook theme to check basic
functionality of new and included extensions. The old openSUSE theme is not
the same as Monobook, so comparing to that one will not help much to see what
is missing in Bento.

First impressions is that it looks refreshing, although we will have to change
our habits when creating pages.

Tabs in Preferences are drawn a bit lower when selected.
Second row tab is drawn after currently selected tab, maybe consequence of
first row selected tabs being lower then the rest. I like fixed width for
textual part as it makes reading easier, but there will be problems with other
elements.

All links in Navigation section point to the current page.

Bread crumbs:
Home points to www.opensuse.org which is OK.
Support and Wiki point to wiki.opensuse.org. IMO, one link is enough.

Similar problem with top line with
# Downloads
# Support
# Community
# Development

Edit window max size that will not run over right end of content area is 95
characters.

Images can't be wider then 700px. I guess that is valid for any other object.

The Page Discussion Edit History Delete Move Protect Watch Refresh are present
on the top and the bottom. Feature or bug?

I guess it is enough for the first time :)

MultiBoilerplate is not enabled for Portal namespace, so templates for that
space can't be used there. For me that extension is meant for advanced users
that know what they want, so having it there can be helpful.

--
Regards Rajko,