List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    [opensuse-wiki] wiki.o.o news 02/14
From:       Henne Vogelsang <hvogel () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2010-02-14 22:30:32

Hi,

i tried to work on the Portals but got carried away by the mess with is
already now in the new instance. So i decided to to clean up. I started
with the File namespace[1] where i unified (now using nearly only oxygen
icons) and categorized the content.

TODO: Document all the icons. What is it that we want to express with
those by default? This is important so people actually use them for
their content. There is no need to have 16 oneway signs or 4 different
graphical representations for help. The Guidelines need to be extended
for this topic too.

I then went on to the Template namespace[2] where i decided which are
usefull (to get going!) and which are not. Here we suffer from the same
fact. People duplicated templates. I guess we need to put more work into
the guidelines, especially for newly added content.

The only "creative" thing i did was re-using the Portal boxes to make a
userpage template. http://wiki.opensuse.org/Template:Userpage

The next namespace to "clean" would be openSUSE:. From what i can see we
can move nearly all content to Help:. I will look into that tomorrow.

Thats it for now.

Henne

[1] http://bit.ly/dkKLcw
[2] http://bit.ly/bilRR5