List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] Translation to Brazilian Portuguese
From:       Hugo Costelha <hugo.costelha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-16 16:20:48

Hi,

On Monday 16 October 2006 16:41, Martin Lasarsch wrote:
> Am Monday 16 October 2006 15:13 schrieb Thiago Vinhas:
> > Hi Friends,
> >
> > I would like to start translating the opensuse wiki to the brazilian
> > portuguese. I know there is already a translation to portuguese, but
> > it's based on the european portuguese, which is very different from the
> > brazilian.
>
> We will start new wikis after the new frontpage design is up, which should
> be 20.10.2006 ... you will read it here when it's finished. Anyway, please
> look at http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide for more
> information, but there might be some changes because of the new design.
>
> It might be smart to get in touch with the Portuguese translator, he
> already showed interest to do also the pt-br translation. Maybe you can
> work as a team on the translation.

We (the Portuguese wiki translators team) are still waiting for the a small
correction to be made to the PT wiki so that it can be finally announced (I
do not even remember how many month ago it was...).

By the way, I would also like to now how the creation of the pt mailinl-list
is going.

> > How can I start? What would be the URL, since there is a pt.opensuse.org
> > ? Could it be br.opensuse.org ?
>
> It would be pt-br.opensuse.org iirc.

There was a person already translating parts of the wiki to brazillian
portuguese (sorry for not remembering is name). I even sent him the
portuguese translated files so that he could use them as a starting point.
I actually do not know at which point he is, but at least there are some pages
translated to brazillian portuguese on the english wiki.

I am glad to help if possible, but of course I will not be translating pages
into brazillian portuguese, as I do not know much (only what I saw
in "telenovelas" years ago). I think that the best help we can give to each
other is to be able to use already translated pages as a starting point to a
translation.

But of course I am open for discussion.

Hugo Costelha