List:       opensuse-wiki
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-wiki] Compiling software
From:       Rajko M <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2006-06-07 4:19:14

houghi wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 08:16:04PM -0500, Rajko M wrote:
>> I enjoyed that you included categories.
>> Many forget that and it is important to have index.
>
> Luckily there are not that many of them:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Uncategorizedpages

Let me see.
Total 34 is not that bad, as it was few weeks ago, but it's growing again.

> Although I am not sure what these pages mean:
> http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Uncategorizedcategories

Category can have subcategory and this should list major categories that
cannot be categorized because there is no higher category.

> And a serious cleanup should be done here:
> http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:Categories&limit=500&offset=0

I agree, but some categories are produced by templates, and that makes
trouble if user is not aware of that.

>> And I enjoyed editing :-)
>> ...first paragraph.
>> It's not fine to take all the fun from others.
>
> Sure it is. :-D

Depends.

Anyway I appreciate new ideas.

What bugs me among other things is the search field.
Unlike Wikipedia we have a lot of topics that return list of articles
instead of article. I'll rather see article that is nothing more than
short description of topic, with few  lines in "See Also" and "External
Links" than:
"No page with this exact title exists, trying full text search.
For more information about searching openSUSE, see Searching openSUSE.
Showing below 11 results starting with #1."

The topics can be names of applications included in distribution,
computer component names, abbreviations, file types, and many more.

But for now is the most important to find how to put more hours in the
day. The 24 is too little :-)

--
Regards,
Rajko.