List:       opensuse-translation
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-translation] Call for Translations
From:       Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2018-02-24 20:06:55

Thank You for the information.

Dne sobota 24. února 2018 19:53:01 CET, Sarah Julia Kriesch napsal(a):
> > Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Februar 2018 um 09:05 Uhr
> >
> > May I ask about for the schedule? https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap
> > is not very informative in this aspect... Specifically, what is the
> > deadline for translations?
>
> that will be a release triggered by the community at the openSUSE Conference
> in Prague. https://events.opensuse.org/

It reminds me to register - it won't be closer. :-)

> Our Leap Release Manager will ask us there whether we want to release on
> this conference day or later. If we need fixes in Translations or anywhere
> else, he wants to wait some days. So the release day will be in our
> (community) hands this year. ;)
>
> The earliest possible release day is the May 25.

I ask because for previous releases there was some given deadline for
incorporation of translations into the distribution.

> > Are there any important fixed milestone dates we should be aware of? I do
> > the translations in my spare free time and I'd like to have some overview
> > about the time scale.
>
> We have the beta phase now. So Leap is something like a rolling release
> until the release day at the moment. You can test it whether all is
> correct. Translations are updated continiuously.

I use TW, sure, I see new strings. I'm wondering what is the latest day I can
submit new translation, which will be in Leap 15...

> > And what is the current state of work of paid translators? Are they still
> > continuing to work? If so, how long are they going to be working together
> > with us? Originally they were announced to work only for short time, but
> > I saw their activity recently in the Czech version. It is good, more
> > strings will be translated, but again, I'd like to have more information
> > about the timing...
> They are translating all needed for SLE. They have their own 15 release
> parallel to Leap (a little bit earlier). SLE Translators are testing and
> receiving bugs, too. So it can happen, that you can watch them on Weblate
> for a longer time.

OK, it makes sense. Good news, in principle.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux