List:       opensuse-translation
Subject:    [opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Call for help translation of osc'12 program announce
From:       Tony Su <tonysu () su-networking ! com>
Date:       2012-09-11 21:20:24

Re: translation,

Highly recommend posting machine-translated copy using either Google
Translate(http://translate.google.com/) or Microsoft
Translate(http://www.bing.com/translator)

Both are free and only take seconds then ask for a native speaker
review to clean up any idioms and colloquials.

Small tidbit of info,
Google's tool supports many more languages, but if you're only
interested in the top 6-10 languages there shouldn't be much
difference in language choices (actually MS supports about 30
languages, Google supports over 60).

I've found accuracy for both about equal despite the different method
each supposedly uses... Google is supposed to be based on massively
large collections of data whereas Microsoft is supposed to be based on
less data but attempts to apply some linguistic syntax.

BTW - I've offered, but haven't yet received a positive answer, I've
offered to build integrated translation services into many parts of
how the openSUSE community works. For what was requested here, I would
have deployed a place where you could post papers using your own
language, and using various methods including the two services I
mention here, would automatically translate your papers to practically
any language used across our planet. But for now, it'll have to be
done manually.

I hope that eventually we as a community might one day be able to
communicate and make our resources available freely across all
language barriers as a single body of work, not broken into different
language silos and not excluding anyone because of native language
spoken.

HTH,
Tony

.