List:       opensuse-translation
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-translation] webyast localization deadline
From:       "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2011-03-05 21:19:09

On Saturday, 2011-03-05 at 15:28 +0100, Kálmán Kéménczy wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We have updated pot files in the svn, thanks to Stephan.

The next thing is to merge the .po files. I think those using Vertaal can
do it that way. It can also be done via poedit. I use a script
(applypot_webyast) that I call from the .po directory:

#!/bin/bash

F=`basename $1 .po`
FF=`basename $F .es`
POFILE=$FF.es.po
POTFILE=../../00-pot/$FF.pot

if test -f $POFILE -a -f $POTFILE; then
         echo Applying msgmerge to $POFILE
         msgmerge --no-wrap --force-po -U $POFILE $POTFILE
         msgfmt --check --stat $POFILE
         rm messages.mo
else
         echo "Not found: " $POFILE or  $POTFILE
fi || { echo "msgmerge --no-wrap --force-po for \"$POTFILE\" failed" ; }

There are also at least 4 .pot files that need a new .po file. For this I
use a script (crearpo_webyast):

#!/bin/bash

FF=`basename $1 .pot`
POFILE=$FF.es.po
POTFILE=../../00-pot/$FF.pot

if ! test -f $POFILE ; then
     if test -f  $POTFILE; then
         msginit --no-translator --locale=es_ES --no-wrap -i $POTFILE -o $POFILE
         echo "Ok? - use "svn add" to add to the svn repo"
     else
         echo "El $POTFILE no existe."
     fi
else
     echo "El .po correspondiente ya existe ($POFILE)."
     exit
fi

And then, the files have to be added to the svn (if you use svn).

> But maybe worth to set a deadline for us as well, when we can ask Karl
> to create a package and add it to the update.

The Spanish translation is done :-)

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.
        (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)