2009/2/23 Karl Eichwalder : > To avoid a fork-like product, it is desirable to align translations as > close as possible. =A0It would be great if you could make use of SLE 11 > translations, as vice versa SLE translators are encouraged to make use > of openSUSE translations. Could you tell me when and why these SLE translations have been created? In many files, especially files we (the german team) have proof read before the 11.1 release are very different (70%?). Many changes/improvements (conformity with Gnome/KDE!) are reverted, other strings are just translated differently - not better not worse. Of course some typos have been fixed, others been introduced. But in general I would say that at least our files recently proofread before the 11.1 release are better. I have the impression that for at least some files SLE did not make any use of our translations or real fork happened a long time ago. For example the installation.de.po from openSUSE is almost an other translation. There are only few strings the same and our openSUSE translations are absolutely ok. There was no reason to change almost every string and/or revert improvements made by the openSUSE team in the past. I am a bit angry about this situation and I don't understand why openSUSE should have a community based team, if there also payed translators working independently from us. I don't really understand why I should spend rare time in translating and improving translations for openSUSE, if S.u.S.E. has it's own teams... Sorry. Kind regards, Jannick Kuhr (German OpenSUSE and KDE translation team) -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-translation+unsubscribe@opensuse.org For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-translation+help@opensuse.org