List:       opensuse-translation
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-translation] croatian translation
From:       Olav Pettershagen <olav.pet () online ! no>
Date:       2006-09-16 17:02:02

Lørdag 16 september 2006 18:40, skrev drade@boobah.info:
> There are many, many similar examples like that that ive found, so now ie
> lost quite big amount of time reviewing and correcting these

Been there :). When I first started translating SUSE into my language a couple
of years ago I soon decided that the only sensible approach was to start from
scratch and ignore all exisisting translations.

In my case the problem was not that untranslatables were translated, rather an
abundance of typos and non-idiomatic general language - and as I also
translate for a living I have learned that it is much quicker to translate
from scratch than proof reading texts if the proof reading involves revision
of almost every segment.

--
Olav

http://home.online.no/~olav.pet/current_view.jpg