List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: Build problem with multi spec
From:       Adrian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6ter?= <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2024-04-12 12:57:16

On Freitag, 12. April 2024, 11:36:26 CEST Eric Schirra wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem and acceptance with a request for factory.
>
> I want to build a package which builds an application with different versions
> for Leap and Tumbleweed.
>
> First attempt was to query in spec what is built and then set the version
> number dynamically. Worked in the home and devel repo.
> But was then rejected by factory.
>
> Second try was with 3 spec and change files for Leap 15.5, 15.6 and for
> Tumblweed. Also worked in home and devel repo.
> But again factory rejects it. Factory says it has no change file. But it
> actually has three!
>
> What should or can I do now to have a package that builds once for Leap in
> version A and for Tumbleweed in version X?

a bit stupid question, but why do you want to press this at all into one package
source? What do you win?

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@suse.de>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev