List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Failed build dependencies with ifnarch
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-05-24 13:56:25

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:55 PM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@gmail.com> wro=
te:

> 23.05.2019 1:02, Todd Rme =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
> > I am trying to disable tests due to a missing dependency on aarch64.
> > I try to do this:
> >
> > %ifnarch aarch64
> > BuildRequires:  python3-xarray
> > %endif
> >
> > However, I get the following error when I try to build the package:
> >
> > error: Failed build dependencies:
> >  python3-xarray is needed by python-traittypes-0.2.1-17.1.noarch
> >

> well, "noacrh" is not "aarch64" so I would say the error is correct.
>
> > How can I disable the BuildRequires: for that architecture without
> > triggering this error?
> >

> noarch RPM by definition should not depend on build architecture as far
> as I understand.

So what should architecture should we use for a program that runs on
x86, x86_64, ppc64, and ppc64le without modification, but doesn't run
on aarch64?  There is no mechanism as far as I know for a
"almostnoarch" package.

In this case, however, the package itself is completely noarch.  One
of its testing dependencies, though, although it works on most
architectures, makes assumptions about how binary data is stored that
means it doesn't work on aarch64.  But this package has no control
over that.