List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Plan for python2-only packages
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-05-23 18:31:58

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Mat=C4=9Bj Cepl <mcepl@cepl.eu> wrote:
> On 2018-05-21, 14:31 GMT, Todd Rme wrote:
>> * Those that are python2-only and have not seen upstream
>> activity since 2016 should be dropped from openSUSE:Factory
>> and dropped from devel:languages:python after a two-week
>> warning period.
>>
>> What does everyone think of this plan?
>
> I agree, but I would suggest to be even more aggressive on less
> used packages (measured by the number of updates and not being
> required).
>
> Best,
>
> Mat=C4=9Bj

That would be fine, but if we went that route there would need to be a
project for python packages that aren't in factory and that is
published so people could use it.  That could involve simply enabling
publishing on devel: languages:python:misc.  I'm that case I would
probably move all the unmaintained packages in dlp:misc to dlp:legacy
first.