List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Frustration with mongodb
From:       martin () pluskal ! org
Date:       2017-12-04 11:26:31

On Mon, 2017-12-04 at 10:54 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le vendredi 01 décembre 2017 à 14:48 +0100, Martin Pluskal a écrit :
> > Hello
> >
> > As some of you might know or actually use it, we currently have
> > mongodb
> > in Factory [1] and corresponding devel project [2], and active
> > maintainer is/was wanted for some time [3]. Given that I personally
> > have
> > no use for mongodb (or never had), and given that it currently
> > fails
> > build for Factory (due to scons python3 migration) I am bit
> > frustrated
> > with its state.
> >
> > Given that today I got feedback by community:
> > <randy-sk_> [11:31:38] zbite niekto Martina Puskala. Mongo, co je v
> > tom
> > repozitari
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:database/mongodb, je
> > od
> > jeho super upravy rozbite. Plus sa tam snazil dolepit mongotoolsy a
> > le
> > samozrejme to jeho spec sa nebuildi, kedze je to v samostatnom
> > subore
> > :D
>
> Sorry but if you want ANY help, it would be nice to get translations
> for reports.
Said message does not contain anything usefull, just insults and
misunderstanding of how OBA work. I am also not looking for ANY help, I
am looking for someone who is interested in using mongdob on openSUSE
enough to maintain it - to me this package is just annoyance (see rest
of my message).

> > Which would loosely translate to request that someone beats me up
> > for
> > breaking mongodb (I assume that is related to accepting request
> > [4]),
> > my
> > frustration with mongodb has reached its limit.
>
> When I submitted this tool, I made sure it was building fine.
It was - current build failures are caused by openssl-1.1 and scons3
(two separate issues which have to be solved).

> > If you are interested in maintaining this package, let me know I
> > will
> > add you as maintainer and reviewer in devel project, if noone steps
> > in I
> > will create delete request for Factory next week.
>
> I'm not interested in maintaining it, I just have to use it (and
> apparently, nobody was using it, considering how many issues I found
> when I tried to use it during last hackweek) :(
Delete request has been alrady filled (see [1]), unless someone steps
in I will also disable building in devel project.

Regards

Martin

1. https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/548033