List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] New thoughts on python singlespec macros
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-11-15 15:51:17

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@opensuse.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 15.11.2017 16:33, Todd Rme wrote:

>>> 5. packages that include files outside of sitelib/arch. This fails
>>> during verification because of the file conflicts.
>>
>> Those are usually python version-independent. That is the idea of
>> having a "python-foo-data" package convention for such files.
>
> And who decides which python*-foo package you use? :-)
>
> Henne

From all the examples I have seen the "python*-foo" packages require
the "python-foo-data" package (the name varies). If the files are
version-independent it doesn't matter which one they are pulled from.

In cases I have seen where they are version-dependent, they can be
renamed to use "%{$python_bin_suffix}".  That is typically the case
when .desktop files are involved, but those need to use
"%{$python_bin_suffix}" anyway.

The only case I am aware of where neither of these approaches work is
with jupyter notebook extensions, but since we only ship the python3
version of the notebook executable, we also only ship the python3
version of the notebook extensions.

Do you have a specific situation where none of these approaches work?