On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Luigi Baldoni wrote: > todd rme wrote >> There are a lot of packages in devel:languages:python that are simply >> unmaintained. Upstream will never update them to support python3. This >> is both a maintenance burden and a potential security issue. >> >> So I suggest wherever possible we move away from these packages. When >> we can they should be removed from factory and removed as (optional) >> dependencies for other packages. > > How do you find out if they are unmaintained or simply out of date? > Someone should create a script to check each of them against pypi. > > Regards You check pypi and their github, bitbucket, etc. site if they have one. We will pretty much have to do this for the singlespec conversion anyway. This just provides a place to put the ones that will never be converted. -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-packaging+unsubscribe@opensuse.org To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-packaging+owner@opensuse.org