List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Python packages naming rules
From:       Sebastian <sebix () sebix ! at>
Date:       2017-08-24 7:23:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Ok, so this section in the wiki:
> All Python module packages, whether pure Python or C-based, should be
called python-modulename. modulename should be the name of this module
on the Python Package Index, the official third-party software
repository for the Python programming language.
could be replace with, for example:
> All Python module packages, whether pure Python or C-based, should be
called python-modulename. modulename must be the name of the package in
the package's setup.py, which is equal to the filename of the source
tarball. If this differs from the name on the Python Package Index, the
official third-party software repository for the Python programming
language, the packgage should provide this name too.

And does the Packaging guidelines change process apply here?
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_guidelines_change_process IMO
it does.

Sebastian

--