List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] fpc for 42.2 question
From:       Mikhail Terekhov <termim () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-06-23 18:06:11

On 06/23/2017 11:28 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> On Freitag, 23. Juni 2017, 17:26:18 CEST wrote Axel Braun:
>> Am Freitag, 23. Juni 2017, 16:55:37 CEST schrieb Mikhail Terekhov:
>>
>>> How to fix "unresolvable" state for the fpc package on 42.2:
>>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:pascal/fpc
>>> Could adding 42.1 repository for build on 42.2 fix the problem?
>> You want to build the package fpc, that requires itself as Build Requirement?
>> Sounds unusual to me....
>> first guess is to comment out this line
>> #BuildRequires:  fpc
> yes, and then you need to define
>
> Keep: fpc
>
> in your project config, since OBS is usually not installing the building
> package to avoid loops. (But it can handle loops)

Unfortunately this did not help, even worse - removing BuildRequires: fpc
from the spec file and adding Keep: fpc to project config caused all other
repositories fail.

In my branch I added 42.1 repository for build 42.2 an it solved the
problem.
Is this an acceptable solution?

What is strange is that 42.1 and Factory build just fine.