List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python single-spec: it's starting
From:       Todd Rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-28 3:37:22

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:35 AM, jan matejek <jmatejek@suse.com> wrote:
> 3. d:l:python3 merge
>
> New-style packages build for python 2 and 3 at the same time.
> So devel:languages:python3 will be going away. During the transition,
> d:l:py is going to become the master repository, and we'll have to check
> that it has good versions of packages that are currently in d:l:py3.

During the course of the transition, there is going to be a large
amount of churn in devel:languages:pythin,, devel:languages:python3,
and openSUSE:Factory.  python3-* packages have been and will continue
to disappear from openSUSE:Factory, causing packages linked in
devel:languages:python3 to break.

So in order to keep devel:languages:python3 building, I have set all
of the build targets to include devel:languages:python as one of their
target repositories.  This will make sure the single-spec packages are
immediately available for building devel:languages:python3.  However,
it means that during the transition devel:languages:python3 cannot be
used on its own.

I don't see another feasible approach to keeping
devel:languages:python3 building.  This is a temporary measure since
devel:languages:python3 will be removed entirely.