List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] %service_add / %service_del consistency
From:       Andrew Daugherity <adaugherity () tamu ! edu>
Date:       2014-05-20 16:45:31

On May 20, 2014, at 8:15 AM, Adam Spiers <aspiers@suse.com> wrote:

> Marcus Meissner (meissner@suse.de) wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot for the info!  However please can this be added to the
> wiki?  Mailing list posts is no substitute for documentation, and
> unfortunately it seems that %service_* are not documented yet; at
> least, not in the right place :-/
>
> https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Conventions_RPM_Macros

It is at least listed on \
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Systemd_packaging_guidelines but I agree, they \
should be listed there (if just as a link to the systemd packaging page), and \
probably a note added to %fillup_and_insserv.  (Which, BTW, does that still apply?  I \
know insserv/chkconfig wrap systemd now, and work on both init scripts and systemd \
unit files, so does %fillup_and_insserv properly enable a service, if the four \
systemd service macros are in place?)

Also, you probably want to wrap the %service_* stuff inside %suse_version checks, so \
your packages will still build on SLES 11 and openSUSE evergreen.

-Andrew--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-packaging+unsubscribe@opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-packaging+owner@opensuse.org