List:       opensuse-packaging
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: allowing download in python package?
From:       Jason Craig <os-dev () jacraig ! com>
Date:       2014-03-07 18:45:47

On 03/07/2014 02:52 AM, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
> On 01.03.2014 21:17, Jason Craig wrote:
>> The test that is failing is trying
>> "browser.open('http://google.com/ncr')",
>
> Could you demonstrate the source of this test? I don't think that this
> test does matter. Because you rely on google.com, and what if it is
> down? As for me, I would better mock socket operations in similar
> situations.

Ah, on closer inspection it turns out the particular test is a doctest:

The browser can `open` web pages:

     >>> # This is tricky, since in Germany I am forwarded to google.de
usually;
     >>> # The `ncr` forces to really go to google.com.
     >>> browser.open('http://google.com/ncr')
     >>> browser.url
     'http://www.google.com/'
     >>> 'html' in browser.contents.lower()
     True

So I will just disable this doctest from the test suite.  Is there any
way to do this with a command switch to "python setup.py test" that
anyone knows, or will I have to patch the source?

--
Jason Craig